Sunday 6 September 2020

Portobello Beach

On the big move weekend, I had the Monday off and mom and dad didn't need to get the van back until the Tuesday. (I think they also wanted a break from the driving as the weather that weekend was pretty windy and raining so the drive up, and back for them, was not fun.) So, after some more shopping for missing bits, we went to the beach.


Portobello beach is a 25 min walk and 5 mins drive away from my apartment. There is huge promenade with some nice cafes. We walked along the promenade and get lunch from a place which sold Gluten free buns for bacon sandwiches so we were all very happy. And they were generous with the bacon too. :)


At the other end we turned and walked along the beach as the tide was out. Dad had his shoes off within seconds. Apparently the sea isn't as cold as he expected. But not sure that tells me much. I wasn't as brave. 





We ended up walking along the promenade twice as when we got to the other end we wanted a cup of tea so walked back again. I am going to love living by the sea. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment