Monday 4 June 2018

Wightwick Manor

The May Bank holiday I went home for the weekend. Due to mom still being in a cast and basically stuck in a wheel chair, we were limited in where we could go. We ended up at a National Trust house, Wightwick Manor, which was home to a guy with a paint empire and his wife, who were both Suffragettes.

Wightwick
Partly due to the centenary celebrations of some women finally getting the vote, they have set out memorabilia around the place.


Mom in her chair. 
I want this library
They also had little factoid frames around with statistics. Some of which were shocking, though most I had sadly heard many times before.



The great hall
I did leave mom on her own for a bit and had a look around upstairs. (She was happy chatty to some people so I didn't feel too guilty.)

Male grooming kit.
Wardrobe fold away bed.
The weather cleared up, despite being forecast to rain all day. We had a little walk (or roll in Moms case) around the gardens but couldn't get far. So sat and enjoyed the cafe for a while.


On the Sunday, we went for breakfast and then to the Red Cone, a glass centre in one of the only surviving glass manufacturing cones in the UK, and the largest. I thought they had moved all the pieces from the Broadhouse glass museum there but I was wrong (they put every thing in storage for a few years until they can find a new building, which sucks.) But there was a glass blowing demonstration on which was cool. And makes me want to try it more. Something else on the Bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment