Friday 19 April 2024

Hill 99

So this is insanely out of date but I have just catching up now my mac is fixed and I have access to my photos again.

One  of the best days we had on our September trip was to Hill ((. We went previously but epically failed to find the correct path. So had to go back a second time.

The second time we were better prepared and found the right path. Hill 99 is an area where local grass was removed causing an erosion of the whole area. The sand dunes were disappearing. So after years of trial and error they found trees which managed to save the sand dunes. As an unforeseen consequence they created a forest of moss.

No one planets the moss. Or know how it grew. But the whole area was a wonderful carpet of moss and algae over the whole area. 




Half way through there is a hill top 'fort', a construction showing off the whole area. 







Not actually sure what is going on here.





My photos don't do it justice. It is one of the most amazing beautiful places I have been in a long time. The closest like place is in Japan. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment